My experience with Live Free or Die Hard was limited to a few imposing posters of a sweaty, grimy Bruce Willis plastered on bus stops across DC. Any movie combining the terms "Die" and "Hard" will typically not end up on my must-see list.
But after an afternoon BBQ in this gorgeous little area on campus, our guy friends made a strident attempt to coerce us into attending the flick. It took awhile -- we held our ground -- but we finally acquiesced when they said they'd watch whatever we wanted to do.
By the time we arrived at the theater, however, James snuck up to the counter and purchased a ticket... not of Ratatouille or Knocked Up as we girls suggested, but Live Free Die Hard. So, begrudgingly, we all went to watch the action thriller.
Surprisingly, I loved it -- from the opening scenes with intense automatic weapon fire, to the part where Bruce Willis knocks a vicious karate-kicking woman down an elevator shaft, to a glorious scene in which a semi truck driven by Bruce Willis physically takes out a low-flying jet plane in an impressive ball of flames. I clenched my teeth, I cringed, and I cheered by the end.
There are not many movies I would leave without regretting laying down $10,50 for. This was one of them.








1 comments:
Cheers to that. I still have to see it, but I haven't heard anything but good things about it. You must be Ratatouille though! Nicole, Ronalynn, Melissa and I saw it last week and it is great! Absolutely wonderful!
Post a Comment