Forest Fun


I went on my very first camping trip this weekend. For some reason, the people in our college group didn't seem to think I could handle the outdoors, cook, or pick up a giant beetle with my bare hands.

I'm wondering what could give them those ideas.

But anyway, it went great ... aside from one moderate injury, a few charred potatoes and a sleeping bag that my brother broke and rendered zipperless.

I even got a new nickname -- Rose -- since I displayed the Titanic heroine's relative naivete and mechanical ineptitude while setting up the tent.

But by the end of the weekend, I had thoroughly impressed the crew with my swimming skills, s'more creativity, fearlessness around bugs and bark-less--45 degree angle-dead tree-climbing prowess (see above photo).

And don't believe I didn't climb that thing all by myself. The hand holding my foot was clearly airbrushed in.

0 comments:

About this blog

The life, travels and journalistic adventures of Michelle