It was the best of times, it was the worst of times

This is one of my cats, Sydney.

Until I read this book, her name was Sydney Satiana.

But then I read the epic Tale of Two Cities -- it's amazing -- and I laughed and cried and shouted at the book until the end, when I was cheering over this incredible underdog of a hero. He's the one who said that famous line, "It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known."

So now my cat has been christened, in his honor, Sydney Carton.

3 comments:

Anonymous 12:25 PM  

i must say you do have a lovely cat indeed. maybe he should be introduced to templeton. they could be best buddies.

Michelle 9:02 PM  

I think I agree.
Although you need to know -- Sydney is a girl. Any calico (3-colored) cat must ALWAYS be a girl...it's a scientific fact!

Anonymous 3:24 AM  

even better. they could produce 10 templetons.

About this blog

The life, travels and journalistic adventures of Michelle