Grandpa is a union man. A card-carrying, asbestos-lunged Union Pacific brakeman, Gramps and his political views are almost solely defined by 1) plump pension checks and 2) a belief that he owes everything he is to FDR.
On a recent trip to his country abode, we polled this armchair politician on his raw, often offensive and always unconventional political views. To put it simply, senility has made it very difficult to put this man in a box.
On Iraq:
"Bush's got blood on his hands. We shoulda never got in Iraq."
On the military:
"I don't want any of my kids going to Iraq."
On how to solve conflict in the middle east:
"We should just bomb the mosques." *cringe*
On
solving Shiite-Sunni relations:
"We should just divide Iraq into 3 countries -- one for Sunnis, one for Shiites, and one for that other group." (Kurds?) "Yeah, Kurds."
On women's rights:
"My daughter and granddaughter should be able to achieve whatever they want."
On Hilary Clinton (whom he supports in 2008):
"She's a smart woman. She's a woman of faith."
Also on women's rights:
"Rosie, get me my dinner!"
On abortion:
"I don't believe in abortion."
On abortion:
"I don't believe voting is going to change anything."
On any question about the economy:
"All I know is that the Democrats gave me all I got."
On the 2004 election:
"You know Al Gore really won..."
Political Views: Other
Sincerely,
Michelle
Friday, December 29, 2006
Labels: Meet the Fam







2 comments:
I think I generally agree with the 'ol bird!
you would, jbak. you would.
Post a Comment