And Yet There is no Condemnation!?

Knowing at the end of the semester that this was all a failed experiment. Knowing that my strategy didn't work. Knowing my life was out of control and I slacked and overslept, that I had the best of intentions but somehow hit the snooze button on the alarm clock of life and ended up dozing away the morning. Every morning. Knowing that in promising to everyone I promised to none. Knowing I lack discipline. Knowing I haven't made my bed since October, knowing I haven't vacuumed since then either. Knowing I was at the gym once. Knowing there are chapels and lectures yet to attend. Knowing there is academic mayhem to constrain. Knowing I could have done it all different, all better.

Knowing that the best laid plans of mice and men so quickly go awry.

Knowing that I'll flub my resolutions. Knowing that I'll never keep them all.

Knowing that when I stop seizing, stop knowing what's best for me, and start knowing I know nothing, that's when I will fly.

What a joy there is in knowing just this one thing -- your grace is sufficient.

Your grace is sufficient for me.

1 comments:

Anonymous 2:07 PM  

Ahhhhhh... what a good reminder. Thanks, Michelle. :)

About this blog

The life, travels and journalistic adventures of Michelle