News I'm burning to tell

On my first day on the job at the local newspaper I got to cover this massive fire by my house. There were about 50 firefighters there and it was the biggest news of the day... the scary part was when they told me and the photographer that we were liable for our own safety once we crossed the fire lines. Of course, I ended up safe but I reeked soooo bad of smoke afterwards -- so bad, in fact, that three shampoos didn't take it out of my hair.

2 comments:

tapdawg 11:33 PM  

i gotta say that that news sure is hot!

phillers 12:33 AM  

Wow michelle, first the chimes, now your local newspaper . . . tommorow THE WORLD!!!!

Anyways, thats awesome that you have an outlet for your writing during the summer. Congrats!

About this blog

The life, travels and journalistic adventures of Michelle