

Today the Biola election results officially came in. My senator, Cory Cress, took the presidency with 66% of the vote, but the rest of the election was rather predictable.
- In the Senate race, every single candidate ran uncontested.
- In the Student Missionary Union race, the single applicant won. (With 89% of the vote--I'm not sure where that 11% disappeared to...?)
- Of the senators, only Alpha (the all-girls dorm) had female candidates, and there was one other female in the running.
What ever happened to the adrendaline pumping election nights? The baby-kissing and stumping and mudslinging? I marked my ballot for senator on literally the only bubble possible--I felt like I was in a Saudi election or something.
It's kinda depressing how politically homogenous and apathetic this campus is. But I guess I can be glad that most of the potential Associated Students people are in more noble positions already--like Student Ministries or missons.
And glad that the campus stays pretty tidy when none of the candidates need campaign signs...







1 comments:
well.. it's like I knew!
Post a Comment