Dr. Longinow asked that I keep track of how my interterm class project is going. For a moment, I considered starting a new blog dedicated to the project, but I reconsidered upon the grim realization that Blogger will probably kick me off if I start an eighth blog. Here are my daily reflections as I co-write what will soon be a published book.
The project itself is pretty ambitious -- in just three weeks, a group of 5 Biola journalism girls and one photographer will write an entire book. It will be published with the help of a Biola trustee who has experience with a new technology called publishing on-demand, in which a book can be printed in small quantities (like, two copies if you want that) and quickly (like, one day if you want that).
I guess I'm not totally new to this whole being-an-author deal. I contributed a few chapters to a coffee table book about Biola's 100-year history and ended up with my name in the credits of a gorgeous, slick piece that people actually paid for. But the editing that went into that was extensive; the deadlines crawled on for months.
This time, the heat is on. We make this book in 21 days or it flops and everybody's embarrassed for our underachievement. I want this book to be something people WANT to read. I want to tell the story with the eloquence it deserves.
Let the games begin.
The Making of the Book Episode 1
Sincerely,
Michelle
Monday, January 05, 2009
Labels: Kidworks Book Project







0 comments:
Post a Comment