Moments at the South Dakota Mickey D's

Instead of calling numbers to identify orders, the McDonald's in Sioux Falls asks you to give your name.

The other day I went to a S.F. McDonalds where about 50 construction workers were having their lunch break (contruction worker to female ratio was about 25:1). I walked by one guy who literally smelled like a goat. Gross.

The workers found it amusing to make up ficticious names for their orders. "Abdul" ordered the double cheeseburger. Abdul was blonde. Then "Mohammed" ordered the Big Mac combo. Mohammed had blue eyes and an orange construction vest.

My dad, who was with me that day, gave into the peer pressure. So when my fruit and yogurt parfait and his quarter-pounder was ready, the employee asked for "Marcus Aurelius."

Gotta love South Dakota.

1 comments:

Jenna Lyndsay 7:01 PM  

That is quite hilarious. Whenever they ask for my name at Starbucks, I automatically say Jenna and then in my head, I think, "I forgot again. I wanted to say something different." But really, what if you told them your name was Zerella or something neat. They would never know. Haha.

About this blog

The life, travels and journalistic adventures of Michelle